Sunday, August 29, 2010

Journal Entry #2: Light

It is omnipresent. It lacks identity or personality of any kind. Looking at it (to be specific, looking at anything illuminated by it. Not the light source itself of course, that'd just be stupid) makes me want to heave a great sigh. It is inescapable- until I flip the switch. I hold the power now and can turn it off whenever I so choose to. Unless of course I wish to see. Not being able to see would pose a serious threat to any attempt at finishing my homework or drawing. This poses quite a conundrum.

Back to the point I suppose. The overhead light is just so boring; though there's something to be said about the marvel and miracle of being able to see at night. The downside is that it just feels so dead. We can tweak and toy with the light until it does our bidding- dim the lights to create what we affectionately label as "ambiance" or hussy up the bulbs so they can glimmer in any color we can think of. Still boring. Still dead. Still quite useful given the fact that it's dark outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment