Sunday, September 19, 2010

Journal Entry #5: Ordering Color

I had to think for quite some time to figure out the best answer to the question of how exactly I order color. I suppose that I (and probably most other people too) have a sort of hierarchal thinking process about color. We all have our likes and dislikes, and respond differently to different shades, hues, intensities, and so on in a variety of ways. I order colors rather eclectically; I pick and choose from warms and cools, saturated or otherwise, etc. I usually rank brighter colors nearer to the top as being around them or thinking about them makes me a little bit happier. This translates directly to how I perceive or order color in my environment(s) as well; if I am in a place awash in beiges and shades of whites or neutrals, I sometimes feel a little depressed or feel like it's harder to think. Though impossible to a point, I wish that individuals had more say or control in environments around them. As things are, we have little control over how colors exist or are ordered in the world, but when we're lucky enough, we can choose where to go and/or what to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment